CAGD 320 Digital Texturing

Final Project Microscene

Painter Results


For this final project was a disaster and had overwhelming results. This project was to create a scene with one of the previous projects or assignments from this course. I also needed to add ten other primitives to elaborate the seven more as if they came from an animated film or video game background. With the limitation, I had to provide two to three weeks of a break to improve my health conditions. so I tried to complete to use one of the previous unfinished assignments, yet came across Painter and the wrong calculation of missing some UVediting. Lately, I can only do most of the work, but this time I couldn't turn it in on time. I have to relate myself to trying to accomplish something I started and see it end.

VW Bus Microscene

Maya Render


While using more high poly or no UVediting models made it challenging to keep track of progress to finish in time. For this assignment, I had to UV a VW Microscene, but it was difficult to UVediting all the small items and tried to remember they even existed. The detail of every angle and edge needs to implement what a VW van looks realistically. With the same results of incompletion by not going to the process of Painter. Sadly, it was around the time I had panic attacks, so I had to limit myself to doing less than more. I didn't want to risk any significant health issues involving my continuation for this class and semester. Can't encourage me to complete work while facing a difficult situation. 

Sci-Fi Assignment

Crate Unity Render

SpaceShip Unity Render


The Sci-fi Assignment was fun but challenging. I only had to UVediting all the given models of a crate and two different spaceships. It took me almost two to three days to complete one of the models, while one of the ships took the same amount. I had some trouble mirroring one small item from one side to the other, but it didn't show the same result as the original. So had to UV the right side as I did from the left side to make it symmetrical. Towards finishing the last touches in Maya, I added both to Painter, which again had issues with low visual HD graphics. With a lack of time and patience, I couldn't fix it as I wanted it to be. Afterward, from Painter, I render it into Unity by trying to add some special effects for the spaceship. Even though it seems complex, I did it by looking at it close up. From afar, it looks decent and complete.

Charcuterie Board 

Maya Render


This would be one exciting project. I encountered a dish I was not familiar with. As well, I learned a new method. I found the curiosity about how this is even created. This method is called Retopology, and it's a high poly model converted into a low poly model for easier use for UVediting for beginners. I had to do this method almost three to four times to play around with it without having Maya crash on me. It was a massive file for one acorn and one walnut and adding both made Maya slower on my computer. Unfortunately, I didn't complete it in time, with Maya giving me an obstacle which I didn't bother continuing into Painter. I want to practice more in Retopology with other models and especially play around with Painter overall for the near future.

Normal Stamp & Low Poly Wall

Low Poly Wall

Low Poly Wall ID

Stamp Model
This session of this assignment was knowing the previous methods I learned from the past following course. I didn't need to UV and model for this particular assignment. Constructing the normal stamp and low poly wall was an interesting to build in Maya. On the other hand, Painter was difficult from previous and current assignments and projects. I feel there are different ways I learned from the beginning of this course as to how you can make a stamp from the basics of Maya forms by adding them to another model as glue. At first, I was confused, but seeing the example of how easy you can create it, especially in Painter. The Painter was always a hassle, but I needed patience and remember the process throughout any project heading my way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAGD 370 Video Game Development

CAGD 377: Mobile Game Development

CAGD 230 Digital Modeling